Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

I love St. Patrick's Day. I am a tad bit Irish so that may be the reason. Or, it could possibly be that it is just a really fun holiday.

There's no stressing in having to get the house all cleaned up because everyone is coming over.

There's no cooking and baking all day.

There's no shopping and trying to find just the right present for someone.

It is just a day to be all jolly and take pride in your Irishness.

I think back to my St. Patrick celebrations of years past:

I met my best friend on St. Patrick's Day 1990, this was also the same day that I began my phobia with port-a-potties.

The first time I had enough money to actually buy the O'Connell's mug with green beer in it was St. Patrick's Day 1993.

My first time to call in to work sick because I had a hang-over was the day after St. Patrick's Day 1996.

My first night away from Averi was St. Patrick's Day 1997.

My first time to ride in a cab (in Norman) was St. Patrick's Day 2003.

My first time to celebrate St. Patrick's Day at somewhere other than O'Connell's was 2006.

I spent St. Patrick's Day 2009 driving home from Santa Fe and I thought it was super cool that I actually drove through a town called Shamrock (in Texas).

I have lots of good memories pertaining to St. Patrick's Day. Instead of getting my party on and partaking in the drinking of green beer, I spent St. Patrick's Day 2011 cooking a green dinner for the fam. We had spinach tortellini with pesto, and nobody gripped or complained about it. Aren't I a lucky girl?

Oh, and just to settle an argument around here...do you have to wear green if you have green eyes?

Happy St. Patty's Day me friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment