THIRTY NINE: Growing Up

Today is the day I turned 39...about 29 minutes ago to be exact. Is it a coincidence that I'm beginning my blog on my birthday? No, actually starting a blog was on my list of 100 things to do this year (beginning January 1st), but I'm just now getting around to it. That's kind of how I roll...I'll always get around to doing whatever it is...and so I have here today, my 39th birthday, began my journey in the world of blogging.

So, for starters, I'm Mandi and I'm 39 years old (you already knew that though, right?). I have THE BEST husband in the world. His name is Chris. We have two lovely daughters (actually they are the two most beautiful, talented, intelligent, happy, loving, most ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL girls in the whole wide world!). Their names are Averi and Cali. We recently added a sweet little Corgi pup named Teddy to our family. I recently retired from my job of being a Director of Children's Ministry. And now I am Director of Casa de Campbell.

My purpose for this blog is to have a place to come and ramble, rant, record, and reflect on all the happenings in and around my life. In doing so I hope to catch a Glimpse of God every day.

Let's start with today, my 39th birthday!!!

After getting everyone up and out the door, I curled up on the couch and cried and cried and cried while I finished this book...


(I definately recommend!)

Then I went to lunch with this very special lady...


(My Mamaw)

While at lunch I got a call from my sister, Lyndsi, who just so happens to be the school nurse at Cali's school. This girl was sick and needed me to pick her up from school early...


(Hmmm...what do you think?)

Then a little later, I picked this girl up from school...


(Who told me she tried to get out of class to call me and wish me Happy Birthday, but none of her teachers would let her go use the phone! How dare them!!!)

We drove through our favorite drink stop....


(A large Diet Coke with Vanilla, thank you very much!)


Then whisked this girl off to piano lessons...


(Her piano teacher is like 90...really, I'm not kidding!)

My sweet mom had us out for dinner and made me this (my most favorite thing that only she can make)...


(Taco Salad, YUM-O!!!!)

She also had this for me....



And this girl helped me blow out my candles...


(Good thing it was a 3 and a 9 instead of 39 actual candles because A) I'm just getting over bronchitis and B) I'm not sure 39 candles would have actually fit on the cake...how depressing is that thought?)

After we visited for awhile and watched Dancing With the Stars, I came home to these....


(Like I said, I have THE BEST husband in the world! He also cleaned the kitchen for me which I had been neglecting to do since yesterday...remember what I said earlier about me getting around to doing things???)

It's been an all out wonderful day!!! I will have to share my Glimpses of God with you tomorrow morning...more like in just a few hours. This blog post took way longer than I expected and I've got to go to bed!!!! Oh, and remember when I said I turned 39 like 29 minutes ago? Well that was like almost 3 hours ago. So I'll get all deep and philosophical with you all tomorrow, I mean today. Later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment