The Worst Mother in the World Award Goes To....

ME!

Cali usually has choir practice after school until 3:15. However, today there was no choir practice and I didn't know it! So I show up to pick Cali up at 3:15. I notice there are no cars in the line for pickup. And then a teacher motions me to drive down the lane a little. And there's Cali-the only kid left at school. And she has this wild & crazed look on her face.

I ask, "Was there no choir practice today?" And the teacher responds, "No, it was cancelled. We were about to take Cali to the office and call you."

Cali gets into the car and as soon as the door is shut and no one can see her, she starts bawling!!! And I feel awful!!! She says that she thought I got into a car wreck and died. I asked her why she didn't call me. She says that she thought I died in a car wreck and couldn't reach my phone (???). I repeatedly tell her I am SO sorry. I feel so bad because I can just imagine how scared she probably was. It took her quite awhile to recover from the trauma. But here we are at bedtime and she forgives me and loves me again!



Glimpses of God-November 9, 2010

As I'm getting ready for bed, while I'm laying in bed trying to go to sleep (but instead going over the events of the day in my mind), and as I'm saying my prayers, I keep thinking about trust.

Cali was quick to forgive me. She knew that it was an honest mistake that I forgot to pick her up at the end of school. She knows that I love her immensely. She knows that I only have her best interests and well-being in mind in anything that I do for her. I told her that sometimes I may be late, but I will ALWAYS be there. She trusts me completely.

So while playing this all over in my head, it makes me think about the correlation of this situation and my trusting God. Sometimes I have felt that God has forgotten me. Maybe it is something that I have prayed for that didn't get answered in the time I felt it should, or didn't get answered the way I thought it should. Maybe it was a situation that I was in that I didn't feel I should be. Or perhaps, it boiled down to me thinking my plans for things in life were better than God's.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this...I need to be more like Cali. I need to have complete trust in God. He loves me immensely. He only has my best interest and well being in mind. I need to trust that He will ALWAYS be there to "pick me up" when I need him. And although he may be late in my thinking (of answering prayers or offering blessings or whatever I'm wanting immediate results on), He will ALWAYS be there.

I leave with you one of my favorite Bible verses:

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.
Proverbs3:5-6 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment