The Big Bluemobile


Thursday, February 3rd-I {HEART} My Car

It's not new and it has many dings and dents and lots of miles on it. But I still love it. My big bluemobile.

I got this car in May of 2002. We went to the Ford dealership in OKC and chose the color and options we wanted. They didn't have one there, but they located one in Grapevine, Texas and drove it up for me to pick up just a few days later.

I picked it up on a Thursday. I loaded my two leopard printed car seats holding my two babies and we were off. Two days later we drove it to Dallas for our annual summer girls trip to my friends, Jodi, Kelli, and Aimee's. That was the scariest drive of my life. I wasn't used to driving a vehicle so big so I wasn't acquainted with the feel of it. I remember every time I came along side a semi-truck I would grip the steering wheel as tight as I could and take shallow, labored breaths until I got by it. I felt like I was too wide for the road or something. It was so scary and I was a nervous wreck the whole trip. Luckily, my girls were awesome travelers.

I just had my first major repair done on this car. I got it back from the auto shop last night and they have had it since last Thursday. It is really hard being without a car for almost a week. Luckily, my dad let me borrow his Suburban for a few days, and with all this snow...I haven't needed a car anyways. My heater core went out and it cost me a whopping $1100.00 to get it and my windshield wiper reserve tank fixed. Yikes! But if I look at it in the terms of how long I've had the car and what I've spent for repairs, it's not so bad.

I am determined to keep this car for 10 years. This is the longest I have ever kept a car. We have had so many good times in this car. Let's see...

We have:
-Driven to Texas too many times to count in this car.
-Took Averi to her first day of kindergarten in this car.
-Sat on the roof of this car and watched fireworks (which put a dent in the roof).
-Had a hit and run at CiCi's pizza in this car.
-Taken trips to: Tennessee, Florida, Hot Springs, South Dakota, Branson, Colorado, Santa Fe, and Louisiana in this car.
-Carried lots of friends and cousins in this car.
-Listened to all sorts of music (Barney, Kids Bop, 80's Rock, Christian, Multiplication Rap, Soft Rock, Pop, Rap, Hannah Montana, etc) in this car.
-Hauled lots of groceries in this car.
-Gone to lots of soccer games in this car.
-Hit a bird and it got stuck in the grill of this car.
-Driven through: Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Nebraska, Kansas, and Wyoming in this car.
-Brought home our sweet Teddy in this car.

This car holds lots and lots of wonderful memories. It may not be so much the car I love, but the special memories associated with it.

What are you loving today?

No comments:

Post a Comment