Let The Sun Shine...

Monday, February 7th-I {HEART} THE SUN

"Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun." Ecclesiastes 11:7

Ahhh...the sun! It was actually peeking through the clouds today and it felt so good to have the chance to soak up and rejoice in the sun! While Averi was at piano lessons, Cali and I took Teddy for a walk out in the warmth of the glorious sun. It was such a lovely gift in the middle of a long, cold, snowy winter.

I'm not a big fan of winter. I believe each of the seasons has it's own beauty and special things about it. I love aspects of winter, but I don't like being cold. Also, I don't like the missing sun. I become all gloomy and blah in the winter, and for the past week or so when it has been so cold and yuck outside, all I have wanted to do was hole up and sleep and lay around and do absolutely nothing! However, when it was sunny on Saturday, it was like a whole new person emerged. And then it was sunny today and my whole mood and attitude improved.

So, I did a little research on my long lost friend and found out some pretty interesting facts:

*The UV rays in sunlight act as a natural antiseptic; it kills bacterias, molds, fungus and such on different surfaces including your skin.
*Sunlight stimulates your appetite and improves your digestion, elimination and metabolism.
*Getting your daily dose of sunlight improves your immune system by increasing the number of white blood cells in your body.
*Sunlight increases the production of endorphins and serotonin in your brain.
*Getting enough sunlight during the day can help you sleep better at night. It will increase your melatonin output at night if you are exposed to natural light during the day.
*Sunlight helps to balance out your hormones.
*Sunlight improves the function of your liver.
*Sunlight helps your body convert a form of cholesterol that is present in your skin into vitamin D-this results in lower blood cholesterol levels.

*All the above information was found at www.natural-health-restored.com

No wonder I have felt so crappy this winter. The sun has been pretty non existent. I can definitely tell a change in my being when I have been out in the sun. I have hope in that after this next winter storm blows through it looks like a pretty sunny forecast for awhile. Oh happy day! Here's to the lovely sun...I hope to see more of you soon!

What are you loving today?



No comments:

Post a Comment