Super Bowl Party 2011

Sunday, February 6-I {HEART} My Small Group

At our church we have what we call "small groups". It is a group of 5-7 families who gather together weekly to spend time in fellowship, study God's Word, and eat (that's what we do best). We don't have church on Sunday nights so our small group usually meets then.

Tonight we met at our friends, Todd and Staci's, who just built a beautiful new home...Staci's kitchen is to die for, check out that beautiful brick work over her stove (LOVE IT!) The guys all gathered in the living room around the TV, and us lady folk hung out at a table in the kitchen and talked and laughed and had a good 'ol time. The kids all hung out in the "kids suite"...I'm so not kidding, their kids have their own suite (bedrooms & a bathroom with a connecting 2 story playroom-it is AWESOME!)

I love our small group. We take vacations together. We love hanging out together. All of the kids get along. It is just an all out great group to belong to. I feel incredibly blessed to call each of these people not just my friends, but my family!

This last week while we were stuck at home one of the four days we were snowed in, Averi, Cali and I were watching Wife Swap (high quality TV, I tell ya). One of the families featured lived in a commune in Colorado. It showed that the families in the commune shared dinners together, they did chores together, grew food together, and so on. Averi piped up and said, "Ya know, it would be really cool if our small group could live like that." I LOVE it. It would be kind of cool.

So, today I am loving my small group. If any of you guys read my blog, I love you: Lyndsi, Dustin, Tori, Dylan, Nolan, Chris, Christa, Alex, Mikey, Ken, Kristy, Kenzie, Todd, Staci, Evan and Jordan. And you too, Chris, Averi and Cali. What are you loving today?

No comments:

Post a Comment